Sunday, October 17, 2010

One Year Ago


     Almost all at once everything seemed to be set in motion.  In recent moments I’ve been riding an unfamiliar yet pleasant wave.  I waited a long time for it to happen naturally but it never did.  In the end I realized it was all me. I spent the last year pulling myself out of a dark hole I dug myself into years ago.  And like anything that effort and direction is put into, progress was made.   
      Sure I was all dirty and muddy and covered in scratches and a scar or two, but it was never my destiny, or my fate, if there is such a thing, to be stuck in a hole.  My dreams are in the clouds, and not on the ground.  The first step has been setting up a solid foundation, weeding out the bad habits and moving forward.
       Overall I’m on the cusp of being very happy.  Though I’m afraid to fully admit that, because that marks the end of a cycle, and it’s really only the beginning.

      The Lonely Road of the Exile is an intro paragraph to an English 5 essay, and it marks my return to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment